As we dawn a new year, I have been thinking about what I would like to do different and new this year. I settled first on my blog — I want to expand and share more with you this year. With that being said, I am going to plan to do a Friday Top 5 each week, focusing on an area of my life (family, school, teaching, classes, etc) and share my favorite 5 events of the week with you.
This week to start off the year, I am focusing on my family as we have had lots of fun memories, some silly, serious, new, and exciting. So, let’s get started!
1. For the first time, my middle daughter was able to stay up until midnight and ring in the New Year. She participated in our annual toast with grape juice and laughed away with her older sister. It was such a big accomplishment for her and a joy for me to watch her.
2. Enjoying family time at home for New Years Eve and New Years. I am usually the shopper, needing to be on the go, but this year, I chose staying home and enjoying time with my girls and hubby. It was such a refreshing two days together. I’m glad I chose to enjoy time at home.
3. This week, I have taken time to pick up an old hobby I had — reading a book. There is nothing like physically picking up a book and just sitting down to read. This year I am starting off with a book about making time for myself, something I really needed to start my year off with!
4. As Christmas has come and gone, new toys have made there way into our house. This would especially apply to all the new Barbie toys my girls have received. But the best part of these new toys coming is the precious sister time I get to listen in on. Our two youngest daughters have spent many hours playing nicely together. I have loved listening in on their conversations and watching them play together, it makes a mom’s heart happy!
5. There is always something special when I can sneak a peek at my hubby as he has been diligently working on a project that is so important to him.
That’s my Top 5 for this week, a focus on my family to start the year.
Let’s hear from you — Do you have a Top 5 for this week?